Saturday, January 19, 2013


The Strokes - You Live Only Once

This is insanely addictive, mostly because of his voice.

It's 5:30am now. The initial plan was to cycle, but there weren't enough bikes and it was raining so we ended up playing pool, foosball and band hero in the games room. I wasn't being considerate enough, I think. When should I give in to others and when can I not?

There's so much I want to do, and being with people means making lots of compromises. Admittedly, I'd rather go on my own and fulfil that mental checklist of serious/trivial things. It's so inefficient to have a whole group of people with differing interests, and having to give in to each other all the time. But thinking this way feels wrong. It feels wrong to not bother about the presence of people. They weren't wrong when they said I live in my own world. Being with people is so tiring. Yet it can be fun as well.

No comments: